Thursday, February 23, 2012

Basil Jones

Go Forth and Sin No More, Dragon Diaries Vol. 1  

by Dawn Young






Background:
Basil Jones lives in a world of spies, intrigue and secrets. He and Ashley Vincent (his boss) establish many secret bases all over the world. He built the Costa Rica Fortress, headquarters for Dragon Ink, a secret police force that tracks and hunts the worst kind of criminals who never seem to get caught. Basil also runs Jones Security International, a cover for the vigilante work they do.
Basil and Ashley work together very well even though Basil has the tendency to get in trouble with his boss due to his sneakiness and breaking the rules.

1.      Basil, you spent many years working as a British spy in Russia. I understand you even met your wife, Natasha while working at that job.

Natasha my beautiful bird was Sputnik’s spy. I was in Moscow to meet my double agent. One look at her, I dropped to my knees. She came over with her beauty and said,” Hello, are you Basil Jones?” I said,” Yes I am, will you marry me?” She smiled and we went to dinner and have been together since. She was my Russian double agent

2.      What made you change over to working for Ashley’s outfit

My friend Hiram called me. Ashley had come to him after she won the lotto. Her family had been killed. Hiram asked for my help in cleaning things up. We made those two deaths look like they never happened, her family’s killer and John Smith’s. John’s family had also been killed and Ashley had caught the scent. Being psychic, she could “hear” people.

Ashley and John were captured by Sputnik when the auto pilot on John’s plane malfunctioned. They crash landed in North Korea, leading to her being horribly tortured by Sputnik and the North Korean Leader. Sputnik, my Nemesis was after Ashley because she had found the scientist he was after to further KGB black ops. I built the Fortress in Costa Rica to hide and keep everyone safe. It really just evolved from there.

3. I understand you work very closely with an associate by the name of Q. What kind of inventions have the two of collaborated on lately?  

We make all sorts of sneaky gadgets like pens that shoot cyanide. My cane is a gun. There is a button on it that releases and shoots. It can put your eye out. I am not a physical man; I need sneaky things. We have also recently made a bullet that will dissolve a body. No mess to clean up is very good. Q, his specialties are guns, explosives, and bullets. There is also the laser pen. It could cut you in half. Ashley uses it and you don’t want to know what for, Love. Next question.


4. Ashley has caught you doing a few unauthorized things behind her back. What was her reaction to your extracurricular activities?

She pinned my bloody behind to the corner of the ceiling and left me there. I also hacked into her journal. It really pissed her that I read as she dictated it. The problem is going behind her back and then getting hit in the face with it. I now talk to her first. Partly this is why we created Jones International; I get bored and get in trouble. She has many ways; she will find something she knows I don’t like. One time she treated my tea. Ugh may as well just pin me to the ceiling.

5. You wear a number of hats in your work with Ashley, what is your specialty?

Espionage will always be my specialty, being a ghost.

6.  What do you do for fun in your spare time?

I play darts and drink beer with Edward. Natasha and I go on dates, dinner and dancing.

7. How did you meet Q and Hiram?

Well dear, Hiram was working/ kidnapped by the Russian mob. I met him when I met Natasha. I saved him in Africa after he was extorted into service for the US Secret Service and betrayed by the Russians. There is much more to that story, Love but we don’t have that much time.

Q worked for the queen and made gadgets for spies. I nicknamed him Q due to James Bond. He was a clone.

8. What is Ashley’s biggest issue other than the one we discussed?

Well, Love, don’t ask the easy questions. I talk in circles. I can spin your head and never answer your question. I dodge around it. Say a whole lot yet say nothing.

9. Which do you prefer? Why?

         Cars, motorcycles or boats. Cars, the others scare the bloody hell out of me, Love.

         Dogs or cats. I don’t have a pet. I do like Ashley’s dog, Jasper. Smart as whip that dog, so dogs.

         Dining in a fancy restaurant or a beer at the pub. It depends if I am with Natasha or if I am alone. Alone, to the pub, with my wife, a restaurant of her choice.

        Coffee or tea. Both, I drink more tea. I do quite enjoy high tea and my tea times. When you’re around Q you drink tasty coffee. He has several coffee plantations. He loves those as much as his guns.

No comments:

Post a Comment